The main attraction in Corolla is the Oceanfront, however you’ll find plenty of other things to do here including a variety of shops and restaurants, water sports, kids’ activities, and other unique adventures. Be sure to check our Corolla Guide for attractions and activities that will please the whole family. In addition, there are plenty of events that take place throughout the year which provide choices of entertainment for your family and friends to create vacation memories to share for generations.
Throughout the year, annual as well as individual Corolla events will be added here. Below are activities that take place in Corolla weekly from Memorial Day through Labor Day (**if schedule is different, it will be noted in the description).
Outer Banks Restaurant Tours - Corolla Tour
Held each Tuesday from late May through early October. (www.outerbanksrestauranttours.com / 252-722-2229 / firstname.lastname@example.org): Enjoy a drive around the north end of Corolla for a unique culinary experience that honors both the traditional and the new. The price to attend this event will be $60 pp.
The Corolla Wild Horse Museum’s weekly activities
(1126 Schoolhouse Lane in Corolla / www.corollawildhorses.com / 252-453-8002 / email@example.com):
- Paint a Mustang – every Tuesday and Thursday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Pet a Mustang – every Wednesday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Pony Rides (Corolla Light Town Center) – every Friday from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Wine and Cheese Tastings
Bacchus Wine & Cheese has weekly Wine Tastings every Tuesday evening starting at 7:00 pm. (Monteray Plaza in Corolla / www.bacchuwineandcheese.com / 252-453-4333 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ocean Safety Mini-Camp
Corolla Ocean Rescue’s S.E.A.L.S. (Safety Education & Aquatic Learning) Ocean Safety Mini-Camp for kids 6-12: takes place each Tuesday (**starting June 12th and running through mid-August) on the beach directly across from the Currituck Beach Lighthouse. There are two class times available: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm or 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm. (www.corollaoceanrescue.com / 252-453-3242 / email@example.com)
Whalehead Club Activities
The Whalehead Club’s weekly activities in addition to their daily tours (Currituck Heritage Park, 1100 Club Rd., Rt. 12 N in Corolla / www.whaleheadclub.org / 252-453-9040 / firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Fun Fly Festivals – watch and learn how to fly all kinds of kites; children enjoy making paper kites to keep or bring your own – every Tuesday from 10:30 to 11:30 am.
- Wine Festivals – wine tasting and entertainment under the tents on the north lawn of the Whalehead Club every Wednesday from 3:00 to 7:00 pm (**June 6th through October 31st).
- Summer Concert Series – enjoy local musicians performing on the historic Whalehead Club front porch every Thursday from 6:30 pm – Sunset (**July 5th through August 30th).