Believe it or not, May is a very busy month on the Outer Banks! If you're planning a little weekend away or your vacation is this month, take a look to see what's happening while you're in town.
- The 33rd Yuengling Nags Head Woods 5k Race is Saturday, May 7 at 8:00 a.m. This is a beautiful course through Nags Head Woods with a canopy of lush, green trees to keep you cool. Also, there's beer at the finish line.
- From 11:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 7, the Outer Banks Relief Foundation is hosting their annual Couture By The Shore Event. The theme this year is "Nashville to Nags Head, A Cool Country Catwalk" and you'll see a fashion show featuring local retails, a delicious luncheon provided by Kelly's Restaurant, and a silent auction - all proceeds benefit the Outer Banks Relief Foundation.
- Kitty Hawk Kites is excited to host their 44th Annual Hang Gliding Spectacular from May 13 through May 16. Majority of the events are held at the historic Jockey's Ridge State Park. A complete list of the events can be found on their website.
- The 5th Annual Mustang Spring Jam will be held on May 22 from 1:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at Mike Dianna's Grill Room in Corolla. Mike has an great music line-up scheduled including the Mustang Outreach Student Bands!
- You don't want to miss the Shallowbag Shag Beach Music Festival in Manteo! This event will have you up and moving whether you know how to beach dance or not! Held on Memorial Day (Monday, May 30) from 11:30 a.m. until everyone stops dancing!
- May 30 is also the kick-off for the Outer Banks Craft Beer Week. The schedule of events can be found on their website.
- The closing ceremony of the Outer Banks Craft Beer Week is the OBX Brewfest. This incredible event is like an oasis for craft beer fans + foodies alike! With nearly 50 breweries being represented, a knockout music line-up (SOJA!), a food truck rally (yes, Cosmo's will be there with their pizza oven!), a craft soda garden, AND insanely talented local artisian vendors...whew! This event is no joke, buy your tickets ASAP.
To see all of the other great things happening on the Outer Banks visit our events page. Don't miss out on something great!