Zoom, Splash, Paddle & Dash across the ocean during your visit to Corolla, NC! There are so many ways to get out on the water and have a great time. Below are a variety of water-centric adventures including, wave-runner tours, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, surf lessons, and parasailing that await you and your family this summer.
Here Are Our Top 5 Favorite Water Activities:
1. Wave Runners - Zoom across the water, while bounding over wakes in the scenic Currituck Sound on a powerful wave runner. This is a great opportunity to view Corolla from a different perspective - check out the Whalehead Club and the Currituck Lighthouse from out on the Sound's calm waters. Kitty Hawk Kites, Corolla Light Watersports, and Corolla Water Sports both offer wave runner (jet ski) rentals. Wave runners can accommodate 1, 2, or 3 people, making it fun for the whole family to enjoy.
2. Parasailing - Ever wish you could fly? Now you can as you fly over the Outer Banks high above the Currituck Sound on a parasailing trip. Look down upon the Corolla Lighthouse as you float weightlessly over the Atlantic Ocean connected to a 32-foot parachute! Guests sit on a platform on the back of the boat while the driver slowly releases you over the water. The quiet thrill of soaring higher and higher over the Sound cannot be matched! Corolla Watersports and Kitty Hawk Kites offer parasailing excursions.
3. Stand up Paddleboarding - Never SUPed before? Gliding across the water with a paddle and a board that resembles a surfboard offers a new way to get some exercise and have fun at the same time! Give it a try in a low-pressure and tranquil environment provided by Kitty Hawk Kites. The conditions in their sheltered cove off of the Currituck Sound the perfect setting for an incredible day on the water. Island Revolution Surf Co. offers SUP tours, and Corolla Light Resort has stand-up paddle board rentals.
4. Surfing Lessons - Corolla offers some of the best waves to learn to surf on, and Corolla Surf Shop’s surf lessons will have you hangin’ ten and ripping the curl in no time….or at least they will try their best. At the very least you’ll have waves of fun and learn a tremendous amount about surfing in general. Island Revolution Surf Co. also offers surf lessons, and if the waves aren't ideal that day, they also have a 5,000 sq ft skateboard park!
5. Kayak Ecotours & Rentals - Explore the northern Currituck Sound from a comfortable and quiet seat in the water. Check out the historic Whalehead Club and Currituck Lighthouse, and keep your eyes peeled for the opportunity to witness a host of marsh wildlife such as grey herons, frogs, osprey, otters, white ibis, muskrat, deer, fox, and geese, just to name a few. Sign up for an eco tour through Kitty Hawk Kites, and Corolla Light Watersports offers single and double rentals if you're looking to go out without a guide.