As the coronavirus continues to spread and disrupt travel and daily life across the Unites States and the world, we are making public our efforts to protect our staff, our guests and our Outer Banks community. We are so grateful to be able to welcome our guests back to Corolla, however it is important for all to understand that your Outer Banks vacation will be a little different this year. We appreciate you helping in our efforts to keep our community and our guests safe.
WE ARE OPEN:
Everyday from 9am-5pm
IMPORTANT ARRIVAL INFORMATION
As our visitors prepare for vacation, it is important to remember that the coronavirus is not over. There are still State restrictions in effect to protect everyone’s safety that may be different from the way you have vacationed on the Outer Banks in the past, including:
- Masks are REQUIRED in public spaces (indoors and outdoors) throughout the state of North Carolina where social distancing is difficult.
- Social distancing guidelines are still in place for staff and visitors.
- Public gatherings are limited to 10 people or less. Visitors may congregate on the beach in groups of 10 or more ONLY IF it is a family group or a group staying in the same house together. According to Executive Order 138, a house, household, place of residence, or current place of abode, where more than ten (10) people reside is not a mass gathering.
- Getting food from restaurants continues to be on a take-out or delivery basis for many establishments.
- Businesses, including grocery stores, have limits on the number of people allowed in the store at any given time based on square footage.
- Personal care and grooming businesses and entertainment businesses without retail or dining are not open yet based on State regulations which are not determined or controlled by our local government.
Also, remember that the CDC recommends not to travel if you are sick or were recently exposed (within 14 days) to COVID-19.
We recommend bringing personal protective equipment, such as masks, with you; local supplies are limited.
Like many places in the United States, all shoppers should expect to see changes in product availability at grocery and retail outlets as supply chain demand fluctuates across the nation. If possible, visitors should bring essentials with them, including groceries, toilet paper and sanitizing products.
INFORMATION ON TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS AND TRAVEL BANS
If you need to cancel because your primary residence is under a travel ban OR a has a quarantine imposed after travel to North Carolina the following applies:
- Travel Insurance does NOT offer coverage. Diagnosis, loss of job (not furlough) and quarantined preventing travel does have coverage with proper documentation.
- Currituck County is not under travel restriction so refunds are not automatically issued.
- The standard cancellation policy does apply.
- We recognize that this is an unusual situation so the $150 cancellation fee will be waived if you cite that your cancellation is due to a travel ban or quarantine.
- Send your cancellation notice to email@example.com. Phone volume is incredibly high so please send emails instead of calling.
- Transfers are not an option but bookings are coming at a high rate. The sooner you cancel your reservation the better the opportunity for the week to rebook.
CLEANING PROCEDURES & SAFETY
Corolla Classic Vacations' professional housekeeping team upholds the highest cleaning standards on the Outer Banks. Our cleaners must pass a rigorous, annual training program, which now includes additional detailed protocol on sanitation and safety related to COVID-19. Our homes are professionally cleaned between each guest using CDC and EPA-approved products and chemicals that are documented to kill the COVID-19 virus. In addition to our standard cleaning guidelines, high-touch surfaces throughout the property receive additional sanitizing. Among these surfaces are:
- Door knobs/handles
- Light switches
- Hand rails
- Electronics (phones, remote controls, touch pads, elevator buttons)
- Kitchen appliance knobs/handles
- Indoor recreational equipment
- Carpet cleaning and air filter replacement is done on a regular schedule
We take the cleaning and care of our homes extremely serious and our guest feedback reflects satisfaction and appreciation.
Linens and towels are washed in a commercial facility after each guests use; please note that linens may be displayed differently than in years past.
Should your home have sheets and comforters on the beds, please be assured that they have been properly laundered and that you are the only guest to have used them.
If the comforters have been removed due to the need for laundering, blankets will be provided in the closets of each bedroom. Sheets may be displayed at the end of each bed in a sanitary protective covering versus being on the bed for an added protective measure. All towels displayed have been properly sanitized prior to delivery.
All linens provided are available for use, however we encourage you to travel with your personal bedding for an added layer of peace of mind. If you decide to use blankets provided, we encourage you to launder them in the home should you have any concerns.
If you happen to have a maintenance request during your stay, please, note that our team is responding in a prioritized manner. Should a staff member need to visit your home, they will be wearing a mask. We request that they be given a minimum of 6-feet of space and that the home have a minimal number of guests present, if possible. Anyone present should wear a mask as well.
At this time, we continue to accept new reservations for travel dates beginning May 16, 2020 and later. This may change as the situation remains fluid. Our updated cancellation policy now states that if a COVID-related restriction announced by Currituck County remains in effect during your stay dates, you may move your reservation to a future date in the same home, or receive a refund. This policy does not apply to remaining restrictions in a guest's hometown, county, state, or country.
STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY
Should you need to cancel your reservation, please, notify us in writing as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You should also contact your travel insurance company, if applicable, to file a claim. Your property will be placed back on the rental market; if your cancelled week rebooks, all monies (less a cancellation fee of $150 plus tax and the travel insurance premium, if applicable) will be returned.
LIMITED OFFICE ACCESS
The Corolla Classic Vacations office remains open and staffed, however we ask that all guests, owners and vendors restrict visits to our office unless it is absolutely necessary. If your question or concern can be addressed over the phone, we request that you contact us at 866-453-9660.
Everyday from 9-5
The geography and landscape of the Outer Banks allows for plenty of social distancing and spreading out. We encourage guests visiting our community to enjoy their stay and visit local establishments while still observing recommendations put in place by the CDC.
IF YOU ARE SICK, STAY HOME
It is critical that anyone who is ill or who may have been exposed to COVID-19 does not visit the Outer Banks. Our area has limited medical facilities and cannot accommodate an outbreak or influx of illness. We sincerely appreciate you observing this request to help protect our community.
CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Rental Policies: https://www.corollaclassicvacations.com/guest-info/rental-policies
Travel Insurance: https://www.corollaclassicvacations.com/guest-info/travel-insurance